Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 18, 2014

1 year down...

First, I have to say I pride myself on being different.  I don't like being told I can't and I won't do something.  That being said becoming a wife and a mom in a short period of time was pretty sweet.

This will probably be pretty boring...

People said I won't have a social life.
Well, that's almost right. I don't let others dictate my life, but sometimes you can't help your environment. Yes, I do stay home more, but I don't feel like I HAVE to, as in I'm put out to stay home or I'm missing something. I want to. I like hanging out with my daughter and husband and being a part of who she will be later in life. No, I don't use my daughter as an excuse to not go somewhere. I go out with my friends. I keep in touch and so does Richard. Yes your family comes first and foremost, but as TLC said,"what about your friends?" How many times has a friend started dating someone and disappeared and in a way used you as their queue until the next significant other came along? How many times has a friend gotten married had kids and disappeared? I refuse to be that person. Now, I understand some people can't juggle those things or maybe the case is they don't want to. I, personally, enjoy all of my friends and don't see a problem with making sure they remain a constant consistent part of my life and my family's life. So I make sure to make that happen. After all, they are kinda family too, right?

People said I wouldn't sleep.
Hahaha!  In your face. Yes, I have a relaxed baby and there are many factors involved in that. A few I attribute to Richard and myself. Others I attribute to the atmosphere I subject my daughter to. One thing I have learned working in daycare and in life is that you have to roll with the punches. So yes, in the beginning we had little sleep. Instead of pissing and moaning about it, I did research and figured out a few tricks. Ava was sleeping through the night at 2 months And she's a great kid thus far (yes at only a year). Yup.

People said you can't travel.
Well, we've been to Austin twice,Missouri and New York...with ease.

People said you'll be broke.
Nope. Richard and I lead a happy average life. Honestly, I prefer my money going to a comfortable life and a baby than booze. ;) Although I'm happy to partake when duty calls.

People said there goes your love life.
Nope. I can still feel like I'm walking passed a construction site when I walk by Richard and Richard gets harassed by the crazy lady cooking dinner.

People said well you might as well have another right away.
Hold up. Gimme a little while to get my body back and another minute to get my drink on THEN we'll talk baby. I definitely didn't wanna get all loosey goosey and then looser and goosier. I would like to tighten back up. Then go in for the kill. K thanks.

Getting married and having a child with my favorite person in the world were the 2 best things I have ever done. I have 2 life long companions and I am happy to grow with the both of them.

Illnesses
Well. We've been through RSV, roseola, displastic kidney, ear infections and on my baby's 1 yr birthday...a febral seizure.  We survived. 

I waited an entire year plus to tell you I LOVE being a mom and I'm good at it. Its not for everyone, but it doesn't have to be as bad as people make it out to be, and it definitely doesn't have to be as hard...so far ;)

Things I miss
There is only thing I truly miss. My father. I am VERY envious of those who get to see their father act as grandpa and well, hear their kids say "papa" Or whatever derivative a toddler comes up with. I do get upset and sometimes because at times I selfishly feel abandoned. I would have loved to see how my dad responded to Ava, which I'm sure would have been much like he did to my nieces and nephew, but neither Ava nor I get to experience it. I think about it ALL the time. I also keep a picture of my father and me in Ava's room. Sure I'll get to share stories etc., but sorry folks it's just not the same. I still wish I shoulda coulda woulda, but what's done is done. I miss my dad, a lot.

On a lighter note...
Things people say to babies that you probably couldn't say to adults...
Please find the nearest adult and look into their eyes and say one of the following:
"I bet she smells good"
"I wanna eat those thighs"
"I wanna eat her"
"I wanna squeeze those thighs"
"Awe look at those rolls I wanna as squish him"

So many more, but those are my favorites!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment